Sunrays
gray skies
orange limelight
red blurs at dusk
flowers blooming into life
Poesia MariArte
learning patience reflecting with time
with each of life lessons
Wisdom strikes with rebellion
They fear what the y can’t control
Free minds
liberated thoughts
Light the match, release
Life
Storms exposing
constant transferring of emotions
raw fire that gives meaning
with each beat I witness sunrays of brilliance
breath-in
beauty
love
and healing
metaphors hidden
To find oneself in echoes of cities
Drumming and feet leading
Drumming and feet leading
Drumming and feet ….
Navigating my destiny
A way that contradicts the world we live in
I said another way of living that contradict the world I live in
I still walk on a path of ancestral bloodlines
Breath Fuego of Warriors
alters of medicine healing prayers
in a continent colonized
before institutions denied our existence
our past
called us
dirty, inferior, primitive
chained our minds
lies to kill la madre tierra
told us to pray inside buildings
to feel closer to a higher “being”
a god
listen to ancestral melodies in each heartbeat
rebel and find the
generations of warriors trapped inside mental borders
I sing poesia
Paint a different scenario
To liberate hearts in places
Where continents clash with contradictions
Capitalist addictions, bloodstains in sidewalks,
screams, the smell of death
of the beast
In each step I am amongst
glances of fear amongst the living
And this is what they call civility
beyond our limited existence
We call ourselves legends amongst the living
But do you ever wonder about ancestral ways of thinking?
Would you call your ancestors primitive? Or do you live honoring their legacies?
Blinded by distorted false meanings
telling us we have to no right to live here
Think about the places they still call us “dirty Mexicans”
Where grandmothers are holding generations
Do you deny her power in healing sorrows across nations?
I keep up with the drum in constant motion
reclaim a reason for breath in
brilliance of ancestral melodies in rhythms
with each drumbeat that sing us: keep feeling.
Breathing.
She told me a story
speak truth to live
escape and think beyond mental limitations
I push limits
To tell you
You don’t know me
You never cared about our liberation
So respect the strength of the wombyn that raised me
And gave me reason to keep calling out your bullshit
I walk the red road that held us
Beyond voyages into places seeking truth
to speak of survival, ancient philosophies
tree of life guides towards the sunrise
we will rise and decolonize
The life of a free spirit enraged to find inner peace
Anger into passion and action
When the sun descends and the moon makes way
Con Poesia Arte
I am awakened again
No comments:
Post a Comment