Snap, take the photo
In this “reality show”
Ever-one wants to be famous
Obedient to rules set by white men
Living in a “face” instead reading a “book”
See vanity and egocentrism
Is no different than politrikkks cops lies on a megaphone
In a system created to keep us encage(s)
telling us to vote for the lesser of two evils
…liberation on poverty slave wages
we lost in nations full of miscommunications
where we believe the lies fed to us in tv stations
fill out, application after application
dead ends, looking for food to feed our babies
Disrespecting muxeres, calling us whores for walking down a street
See brown skin tones, carry beauty in survival
knowledge
No nacimos pa ser a sexual object
Smash into the future unknown
Fears tell us suicide feels more real than living in fantasies
Calling us Illegal, voiceless, raped of the ways of our peoples struggle of survival
Cada noche, I hear ancestors mournings
I come from a place invaded by guns war genocide
I ask to be released from toxic captivity
So I respire creativity
my life is worth something greater than my being
to give birth to a seed within me
Encoded embedded in motions
Flores de tierras lejanas
inspiración con calma
dicen que canto poesía
le doy fuego alas al arte
pero simplemente soy María Luisa la que pinta pa’ amarte
radiant as the questions left in pauses
Witnessed elders sharing words of rebellion and guidance
rose up to stand firmly grounded
And here I am Poesia MariArte pa darte
Fire and Water: two contractions that create my reality
I carry a light that dims with silence
I am the descendent of slaves brought on a ship to a continent
By ancestors who raped native bodies
And with that I am a reminder
Light skin colonized
In this world of illusions
Torn between the past and future, I forget to live in the present
Telling me I am not brown, red, black enough to fit into these boxes
Created by caste systems of dominance
I refuse to be feed into the lies
And free my body
You see,
I am as mixed as maize
The grief inside me
manifested creatively
from intense pain clashes in
lyrics destroying theories
codes interwoven between controversies
Defiant to a script
I find inner peace
With seeds
carried across generations





No comments:
Post a Comment