Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ancient wisdom told us

Ancient wisdom told us

 the dead will rise with the new sun
Desde Mictlan
Tezcatlipoca
Tlazolteotl
Community is…
Resilience in the form of love aimed at dismantling deception and lies

Empires fund war and genocide
To give hope to darkness
Pa’ un dia nuevo
We
learned to strategically aim poetry at bullets
To survive

have you ever been lost inside your mind?
Wondering if you will ever survive the heartbreak that blinds
You at night
 burns open your heart
living in a dream
I forgot to breathe and exist
I completely fell and grew wings

Corazon abierto
Sin tener miedo empiezo con las palabras del viento
Nadie cambia sin acción
O sin tener el corazón abierto

Tears cut off the wings
Glimpsed at the stars
And all these years I still remember
Walking away from it all
And never looking back                 

No se lo que paso, pero yo se quien soy
 The Pacific Northwest rain calmed the pain
And I decided to forget the past and move towards the sun
I got used to living on my own
Sheltering my heart
Each beat tells me that one day I’ll find love that will
Let me fly
 spread my wings  and stand by my side
I wanted to be high in the sky and not think feeling lost at night

The truth is the wings never left me
They held me in my dreams and gave breathe back to me
I stand
With two roads and one bridge
I took the car ride and took the train
Into the woods
Into my lands
Across the ocean is a melody that woke me from a false reality
We call freedom in a paper inked with blood and death
From my ancestors resilience
I was given
 Fire
Air
Water
 earth to wait for the new sun
And here I am
Catching the car ride to the next chapter of this storyline.
Enjoying the ride. 

No comments: