Monday, September 19, 2011

Fuego y Agua


Como una leyenda, empiezo desde del principio
Analizando todo lo que parecía ordinario
Como hija de guerreras, en un país sin escape
Yo encontré mi proprio lenguaje

Excuse me sir; I’m not just a pretty face that sits quietly

Sit-down
Listen
have some respect
‘cuz they don’t call me militant- intelligent- radical for nothin’

Como dice el cuento, naci en la tierra de mis antepasados
con el ritmo del mar y la brilla de la luna
I create light out of darkness
Make fire out of ashes
Breathe life to a world without borders
Y cada día renazco con el fuego del sol y brisa de la lluvia
Fire and Water: I live in two contradictions that create my reality

No todo en la vida es ordinario y nunca se puede cambiar el pasado
You misunderstood: it takes profound sacrifice -dedication -passion
To create life out of nothin’

From internal conflicts encontré la luz de mi salvación
Heartbeats in-tune with ancient melodies: I find an external-internal balance
Guided by ancestral songs in the land of the Duwamish, I dance in silence
With each step building bridges for my peoples’ survival
I strategically stay in harmony

Midnight walks, touching leaves, each second breathin’ life
Singing to the night
I let go of all the hype
Rebirth of a Phoenix with fire so intense it will incite you inside
Let me hold you with my wings, as we take flight
‘cuz universes collide when I speak my mind

I don’t need a mic-I am a storyteller of a different kind
Utilizing words for mental liberation and healing
Mi tierra cada día la siento más y más dentro
Mi fuego no tiene explicación
Solo sientes mi energía positiva cuando entro
Calmada- rebelliously resistant
 Enfrento cualquier situación con una visión sin explicación
Rising with the sun, I walk with the strength of my foremothers
Y con una sonrisa habla mi espíritu  revolucionario

Descendant of healers: I was born for a reason
You already know, calla lilies blossom in the darkness and create meaning with brightness

La canción que tengo dentro no se explica con palabras
Solo colores vibrantes
Y por eso dicen que yo naci pa’ crear arte 

No comments: